Q: What appliance brands do you specialize in?
A: We handle most top brands. See our Brands Page for our favorites.
Q: Do you Install appliances?
A: Yes this is one of our strengths! We have experienced and conscientious appliance installers who are trained to install and test appliances properly.
Q: Do you provide service?
A: We service what we sell through our authorized service technicians.
Q: Can you meet or beat pricing from Lowes and Home Depot?
A: Yes, we can meet or beat their pricing.
Q: Where are you located?
A. We are located at 5th and Adams in Silverthorne, Colorado (Summit County). We are close to Vail and Eagle County, and we also service surrounding communities such as Evergreen, CO... Check our Contact Page for more info and a map to our appliance showroom.
Q: Do you have a showroom?
A: Do we ever! Come on in and see live Pro-Style kitchens by GE Monogram, Subzero-Wolf and Viking. See kitchens by KitchenAid, GE, GE Profile, and GE Café. See the latest in Front Load and Top Load Laundry. You can find a map to our Silverthorne (Summit County) appliance showroom on our Contact page.
Q: Do you stock appliances?
A: Yes we have appliances in stock and some brands we receive orders every week so our availability is usually very good.
Q: How does I order appliances from Greer's?
A: You can order your appliances by phone or in person. You can even have you appliances installed when you're out of town! Our lead times are generally 1-2 weeks.
Appliance Buying Tips
Things to Think About When Purchasing, Replacing, and / or Upgrading Your Home Appliances
It has been said that the kitchen is the heart of the home and appliances are the heart of the kitchen. The quality looks and service of the appliances you purchase including your kitchen appliances will be critical in your home experience as well as in the resale value of your home.
The investment in appliances that you make today will be perhaps the highest investment return you’ll make in your home. Extra dollars you spend upfront can save you many dollars in year to come.
Initial Steps to Think Of:
- Measure the openings where appliances are going to go, not necessarily the size of the existing appliances
- Know your fuel sources (gas or electric) and venting (outside or recirculating)
- Kitchen style: What kind of look and colors are important?
- Come visit the Greer’s Appliance Center Showroom to see different looks and features. (We serve customers in Summit County, but we're also very close to Vail and Eagle County, so come on by!)
- What is the budget you've set aside for your appliances
- Visit with an expert appliance salesperson who can give you options. Independent dealers tend to have more expertise and can give you more attention than box stores.
- Go to manufacturer websites. Not sure where to go? Our Appliance Brands page is a great place to start!
- Internet and consumer report searches can be helpful but often confusing, are not customized, and only show samplings from all brands instead of packages. What is the right for one is not right for everyone!
Ways to Save $$$:
- Use professional appliance installation which is reasonably priced and will lead to less service issues, better performance and appearance and prevents home damage.
- Buy in brand packages where discounts can be made
- Ask about appliance package rebates (which can be substantial!). Make sure you check out our Appliance Rebates and Financing page.
- Consider and evaluate extended appliance warranties and low or no interest consumer financing
- Energy Star ratings and savings (can cost marginally more but makes up for it and more, in utility savings)
- Consider closeouts and floor models which can be of great value (but know what you are buying!)
- Know who is going to locally service your appliances and make sure they are certified by the manufacturer whose product you are buying.
- Which appliance manufactures back up their product best in your marketplace?
Buy From Independents In Your Area:
- Independent Dealers' reputation and success is staked on exceeding your expectations. Be demanding but fair.
- The Big box store and buying down the hill myths say you can save money buying there, but if you compare pricing and service you will find otherwise.
- Invest back in your community- it regenerates income back into other local businesses and adds value to the community.
Learn more about what Greer’s Appliance can offers you by giving us a call at (970) 468-6940, dropping by our appliance showroom, located at 537 Adams Avenue in Silverthorne, Colorado. Or, continue exploring the rest of our home appliance website. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.